17 Free Apps / Services that I Use to Run My Business
I love free stuff, who doesn’t. After going through the software and services I use to run my business, I was pleasantly surprised how many were free. I do not mind paying for software, but I also don’t mind using software that may have ads running to pay the developers. Nothing is worse than having to pay that dreaded monthly fee to use a service or software.
After listing all the apps, I was blown away by the fact that Google owns a large portion of this list. I know most of you use the Google services, I still listed them just in case you have not jumped on board. If you know of any I missed or you use please share. I am always on the hunt for software that can help my workflow!
- 1) Gmail – I use gmail for 95% of my emails. Simple and to the point.
- 2) Analytics – It took me awhile to get comfortable with navigating all the options, but I track my website visitors daily with this service.
- 3) Google Places – A free service to list your business on Google. Why would you not list your business for free?
- 4) Picasa – When friends and relatives ask for an easy image editor this is what I recommend. If you just need to crop or clean up an image quickly this is a great choice.
- 5) Google Voice – When I listed my cell number online I received a ton of unwanted phone calls. I now have a google voice number that I list. You can manage call times and even have voicemails transcribed into emails.
- 6) Chrome – My favorite browser for PC, MAC, and any mobile platform.
- 7) Google Docs – Where I keep all my contracts and word docs for quick edits on the road. Great for sharing and collaborating.
- 8) Trello – I use Trello for project management and to keep track of my weddings.
- 9) Wave Apps – Wave Apps is a free accounting & invoicing app. Here is a recent post I did on it.
- 10) VSCO – I use the VSCO iphone camera app to take photos and add some simple edits to them.
- 11) PayPal – Paypal isn’t “free” after cashing in payments, but it is a good tool for sending and receiving payments.
- 12) Grooveshark - My favorite online music service at this time.
- 13) Pass - A free online sharing photo gallery. Galleries are free for 30 days then you have to upgrade them. Here is a post with more details.
- 14) VLC - The best multimedia player ever made. It can almost play any type of video format.
- 15) Deskpins - Deskpins allows me to set programs to stay at the forefront of my computer screen no matter what other pages or applications I open and use. Great to use when you are using a single screen. For PC only.
- 16) Echosign - Electronic signature software online. Send, e-sign, track, and file documents and contracts securely.
- 17) Evernote - I use Evernote to manage projects. I like that it has a program that syncs so I can still use the program offline.