Well that was a longer wait that we originally anticipated, but the Canon EOS M mirrorless camera and all the accessories are finally in stock coast to coast. BorrowLenses.com got them in house on November 10 and B&H just confirmed stock of the camera today.
In case you need a recap, here's what to expect out of the now available Canon EOS M Mirrorless camera:
- 18.0 MP CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
- DIGIC 5 Image Processor
- Full HD 1080p Movie with Focus Tracking
- 3.0" Touch Screen LCD with 1040K-dots
- Touch AF and Multi-touch Operation
- Hybrid CMOS Auto-focus for Photo & Video
- Compatible with Canon EF and EF-S Lenses
- ISO 100-12800, Expandable to 25600 (H)
- Includes Canon EF-M 22mm F/2 STM Lens
I don't know what Canon's deal is, but they have been late on many of their products over the past year and a half. We waited for the 24-70 II for what seemed like an eternity, so in comparison an extra month waiting for the EOS M isn't that bad I suppose. We have one in the mail on its way to us for testing, so expect a review from us in the near future. So far the biggest complaint has been slow auto focus (lame), but we'll reserve judgement until it arrives.