How To Price Magazine Assignments
Photoshelter recently released Pricing Your Work: Magazine Photography, with insights from Wonderful Machine’s CEO Bill Cramer. The free guide provides photographers with tips on how to handle fees and expenses, terms and conditions photographers should have in their agreements and examples of contracts used in real situations.
In this guide, Bill Cramer touches base on some of the important highlights giving photographers a clean and simple rundown of the things that photographers should have in place when fielding magazine assignments.
- How to be prepared when a client calls.
- Asking the right questions.
- Understanding the client’s creative & production needs.
- Knowing how the client wants to licence the photos.
- Reading the contracts first and not agreeing to anything over the phone.
- Terms and conditions and what to look for in the contact.
- Expenses needed to complete the assignment.
One of my favorite parts of the guide is seeing actual contracts that Wonderful Machine has used in the past with real working situations. There is a lot of great info to read through and will help better position yourself to nail down magazine assignments.