Keyboard Shortcuts Worth Learning for the Crop Tool in Lightroom
I am a keyboard shortcut junkie. Anytime I can find a way to do something quicker using a keyboard shortcut I will force myself to use it for a few days till I have built it into my workflow. A few of my favorite keyboard shortcuts are found in the Lightroom Crop Tool. I love sharing these tips with other photographer friends and watching their eyes light up as they realize some of the great features built into the Lightroom Crop tool which help speed up their own workflow.
Here are a few of these simple shortcuts I cover in the 3-minute video above.
– To open the Crop Tool in Lightroom hit the letter R.
– Once open, use the letter X to switch between Landscape and Portrait ratios in your photo.
– To open the Straighten Tool, hold down the Ctrl (PC) or Cmd (Mac) key.
– To lock or unlock the aspect ratio hit the letter A.
– To maintain the aspect ratio while adjusting your crop hold down Shift.
– To change the overlay grid modes hit the letter O and it will cycle through 6 different options (Grid, Thirds, Diagonal, Triangle, Golden Ratio, Golden Spiral).
– Another one I failed to mention in the video I use often is if I want to crop to center, just hold down Alt or Opt key while dragging from the corner.
Hopefully you found this quick tip useful and it will help speed up your workflow while editing.