New Rumor: Good News for the Nikon D600!
A few weeks ago, we sent out the first update on Nikon D600 rumors and expressed disappointment with the probable lack of an internal AF motor. Well, that’s now changed…and we have more goodies, too!
– 24.7MP Full-Frame Sensor — Could it be more perfect?
– 5fps, 2 SD card slots
– ISO 100-6400 (Lo 50 – Hi 25,600)
– Built-in AF motor (so AF-S lenses won’t be mandatory)
– 1080p at 30, 35, 24 — 720p at 60, 50, 30, 25
– HDMI output
– 100% viewfinder coverage for FX, 97% DX
– Just slightly lighter than the D800 (about 800g v. 900g)
– Will likely be weather sealed
– 39 AF Points
– Could be as cheap as $1500! — D3x was already killed by the D800…but Nikon obviously doesn’t mind beating it down further…
– No built-in GPS — This goes against what we thought earlier, but honestly, we’d all much rather have an AF motor and a weather-sealed body than a silly GPS chip that few will actually need. That saves most of us a little change, too, since we won’t ‘have’ to buy an external GPS attachment if we don’t want to.
Questions, Comments, Concerns? Meet us below in the comments section!