[News] Lightroom 4.1 Update – Now With 5dmk3 Support
So you are one of the lucky ones who got a Canon 5d Mark III this week huh? After taking 15 iPhone photos of the camera box and it’s contents to upload to Facebook (bragging rights) you finally take some test shots. With your hand trembling in anticipation, you eject the memory card, then open up Lightroom 4 to import your ISO 6,000,000 low light test shots to pixel peep the amount of noise at 100% zoom. But wait, what’s this? Lightroom doesn’t detect your files? Well fret not chosen few, for Adobe has released an update for Lightroom 4 that includes support for 5dmk3 files! *There was much rejoicing*.
Not a 5dmk3 owner? Well there are other handy bug fixes for the rest of us too! Some of these include:
• Point Curve adjustments made in Lightroom 3 and before have been restored.
• Lightroom 4 did not properly open external applications when using the “Edit In” functionality.
• Addressed performance issues in Lightroom 4, particularly when loading GPS track logs, using a secondary monitor, and the controls within the Develop module.
• Ability to update DNG previews and metadata for more than 100 photos has been restored.
• This update allows for improved viewing of subfolders and stacks in folders with a large number of photos.
• It was possible that a layout of a saved book could be lost after quitting Lightroom 4.
You can view more details and download the test candidate 4.1 software here: labs.adobe.com