Fans of Lensbaby's unique optics will be pleased to know that today, the company has announced a new lens, the Twist 60. Drawing on the resurgence in popularity of swirly bokeh effects, the lens is sure to be another interesting option for those who have recently jumped aboard the vintage optics movement.
The Twist 60 is a 60mm f/2.5 lens meant to harken to the classic Petzval design, meaning the wider the aperture, the greater the swirly bokeh and vignetting. Its full specs are as follows:
- Four elements in three groups
- 12-blade aperture (f/2.5-f/22)
- Recommended for use on full-frame cameras (a crop camera will cut out most of the swirly bokeh effect)
- Available for Canon EF, Nikon F, and Sony E mounts
- Minimum focus distance: 18"
Such lenses are normally conducive to center-composed portraits, in which the swirly bokeh effect and quick drop in sharpness off-center help to isolate the subject. Nonetheless, they can be used for more than just human subjects or portraits. Check out some of the sample images below.
The Lensbaby Twist 60 is available both as a standalone lens and as the Twist 60 Optic for use with Lensbaby Optic Swap System-compatible lenses. Pick up your copy here!