A good 35mm lens with a wide maximum aperture is one of the most versatile optics a photographer can carry, but these lenses can often reach well above $1,000 in cost. However, there are some great third-party options out there at much more affordable prices, and this great video review takes a look at one such lens, the Samyang AF 35mm f/1.8 FE lens for Sony E mount cameras.
Coming to you from Dustin Abbott, this excellent video review takes a look at the Samyang AF 35mm f/1.8 FE lens for Sony E mount cameras. At just $399, the AF 35mm f/1.8 is quite affordable, but it still offers a range of great features including:
- Two extra-low dispersion elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Two aspherical elements for reduced distortions and increased sharpness
- Ultra Multi-Coating for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- STM autofocus motor with manual focus override
- Customizable switch
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- 7.4 oz (210 g)
Altogether, the AF 35mm f/1.8 looks to be a versatile lens in a lightweight package suitable for a wide range of work ranging from events coverage to portraiture. Check out the video above for Abbott's full thoughts.