A good wide-aperture 35mm lens is one of the most versatile lenses out there, popular for a wide range of photography and videography applications. This great video review takes a look at one such lens, the Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost Photography, this excellent video review takes a look at the Sony Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA lens. Though it is one of the more expensive options at the 35mm focal length, the Distagon T* offers an impressive feature set, including:
- 12 elements in eight groups to minimize vignetting and spherical aberrations
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating for reduced reflections and increased clarity and contrast
- One Advanced Aspherical and two aspherical elements for reduced astigmatism, field curvature, and coma
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor for quick and quiet autofocus suitable for both photo and video work
- Declickable aperture ring for video work
- Dust- and moisture-sealing for working in inclement weather conditions
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA looks like it sits near the top of the line for anyone looking for excellent image quality and performance. Check out the video above for the full rundown from Frost.