The Bundeswehr Military History Museum (German: Militärhistorisches Museum der Bundeswehr) is the military museum of the German Armed Forces, the Bundeswehr, and one of the major military history museums in Germany. It is located in a former military arsenal in the Albertstadt which is part of Dresden. After a long history of switching titles and approaches to military history, the museum was re-opened in 2011 with a new internal and external concept. The original building, the armory, was built between 1873-1876 and became a museum in 1897. Originally the Saxon armory and museum, the building has served as a Nazi museum, a Soviet museum and an East German museum which reflected the region's shifting social and political positions over the last 135 years. In 1989, the museum was closed because the newly unified German state was unsure how the museum would fit into the history being created. By 2001, feelings regarding the museum had shifted and an architectural competition was held for an extension which would cause visitors to reconsider the way they think about war.
<a href="http://snapshopped.com" rel="noreferrer nofollow">snapshopped.com</a>
<a href="http://instagram.com/snapshopped" rel="noreferrer nofollow">instagram.com/snapshopped</a>
#fotograf #architektur #architekturfotograf #matthiasdengler #snapshopped #dresden #museum #nürnberg #stuttgart