Canon's RF lenses have been mostly both spectacular and expensive, which is what makes the RF 16mm f/2.8 STM rather unique, as it comes in at an impressively affordable price and is quite portable on top of that. This excellent video review takes a look at the lens and the kind of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Kamil Pekala, this great video review takes a look at the Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM lens. At just 5.8 oz. (165 g), the 16mm f/2.8 is impressively portable but still comes with a variety of great features, including:
- One aspherical element for reduced distortion and increased sharpness
- STM autofocus motor for smooth and quiet autofocus suitable for both photo and video work
- 5.1-inch minimum focusing distance (maximum magnification of 0.26x)
- Super Spectra Coating for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Customizable Control Ring for adjusting aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm
At $299, the RF 16mm f/2.8 STM looks like a very functional lens that you can keep in your bag at all times without dealing with any significant heft. Check out the video above for Pekalas' full thoughts on the lens.