50mm lenses are some of the most popular and versatile options out there, able to tackle a wide range of scenarios with ease. They are available at prices ranging from below $100 to well over $2,000. At $598, the Sony FE 50mm f/2.5 G sits in the middle of all that. So, does it offer premium image quality and performance for that mid-range price? This excellent video review takes a look at the 50mm f/2.5 to answer that question.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this great video review takes a look at the Sony FE 50mm f/2.5 G lens. With a size of just 1.8 inches and 6.2 ounces, the 50mm f/2.5 is quite compact and portable, though it still packs in a long list of impressive features:
- Two aspherical elements for reduced distortions and increased sharpness
- One extra-low dispersion glass element for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Two linear motors and quick and quiet autofocus suitable for both photos and video
- Customizable focus hold buttons
- Minimum focusing distance of 12.2 inches for a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- De-clickable aperture ring
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design
- Fluorine-coated front element
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts on the lens.