24mm lenses are favored for offering a reasonably wide focal length without going so wide as to start running into major issues with distortion, making them great for events, astrophotography, weddings, and more. Viltrox's AF 24mm f/1.8 offers those advantages at a very reasonable price, and this excellent video review looks at the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Alex Barrera, this great video review takes a look at the Viltrox AF 24mm f/1.8 lens. Offered at just $379, the 24mm f/1.8 is impressively affordable for its wide range of features, which include:
- Three extra-low dispersion elements for reduced chromatic aberrations
- Two aspherical elements and three high refractive index elements for less spherical aberrations and distortion and increased sharpness
- Reduced radial glare specifically for improved point light source rendering in astrophotography
- HD Nano multi-layer coating for reduced flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- STM stepping motor for fast and quiet autofocus suitable for photo and video work
- Full-time manual focus override
- Eye-AF support
- Integrated aperture ring
- Nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the 24mm f/1.8 looks like quite an impressive lens from Viltrox. Check out the video above for Barrera's full thoughts on the lens.