Portfolio View All
Recent Articles from Adam Ottke
- New 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro and Cheaper $1,999 27-inch Retina iMac Released Amid Mixed Emotions
- Filson’s McCurry Sportsman Bag: A Most Thorough Review and How It Did Me the Biggest Favor in the World
- Film Review: We Owe It to Humanity to Learn About Sebastião Salgado Through 'Salt of the Earth'
- BTS Video Describes Process of Creating the Human-Like 'Ava' Robot In 'Ex Machina'
- BTS Video Discusses Sound Design in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Hey, there! Between photography, fine art, travel/documentary work, creative provocative apps (more on that at a later date), serving as art director for a small creative agency I started (Curate the World) and writing for Fstoppers.com, I'm doing a lot of crazy things.
I like helping people, researching new gear, and having great conversations while tapping into my German heritage by enjoying my wurst and Weissbier.
I'm in a different city of California depending on the day of the week, but email or Facebook message me if you want to meet somewhere in this state or talk on the phone. As I said, I love to help -- when I have the time.
Have an idea for a post? A quick question about photo gear? About life? Go for it! And then go shoot something (with your camera)!
I prefer a call to an email, an email to a text, and a text to a tweet...I don't really use Twitter (gasp!)
Favorite quote (funny): "When I was young, every day I prayed to God for a bicycle. Until one day, I realized God doesn't work that way. So I stole one and prayed for forgiveness instead."
Favorite quote (cheesy, but seriously true): "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."