"I used a Canon 1D mk4, 15mm fisheye and an Aquatech underwater housing to capture the things and action from a perspective we don't usually see.
This is a surfer riding a barrel seen from inside/behind the wave.
To get this kind of shot quite a few things have to come together.
- You need the right waves (meaning you need the perfect wind and swell conditions)
- The sun has to be out for best under water visibility
- The timing and distance have to be perfect
- The camera has to be in the right settings
- You need a little bit of luck.
But if these factors come together you get what you see below. And the best bit about it is that you don't really know what you got until you download the shot to your computer. Downloading a card full of underwater shots and seeing them pop out on your screen is like Christmas presents popping up under the Christmas tree waiting to be unwrapped." -Chris Eyre-Walker