"I shot this with a Nikon D800, and an 85mm f/1.4G. EXIF was 1/200, f/1.8, ISO50. The shot was lit with two lights. One 5' octa on camera right, and one 60x90CM Softbox on camera left behind the subject. Both of these softboxes had LumoPro LP160 lights in them. Here's a lighting diagram:
I shot this using the Brenizer method. This particular shot was only 13 images, but the result was 217 Megapixels. There was no way to shoot all the frames without getting lights in the shot, so I took the initial images of Shan (The Model) as well as the background of the right side of the shot, and when I started shooting the left side of the shot, I asked her to jump up move the light out of the way.
The post: I processed the first image in Lightroom 5 to look more or less the way I want, and then duplicated that edit over all the rest of the shots. I exported that out of Lightroom and then got Photoshop to stitch it all together. I just redid the stitch without blending the layers so that you could see more or less how it was put together. Have a look:
Obviously those layers were all blended properly so that they work nicely together. Once it was cropped properly and I had filled in all the blanks, I flattened it and then it was just a regular edit from there. That involved me removing the cars from the background, retouching, dodging/burning, contrast and color adjustments, etc. - Ett Venter