[Discussion] A Whole New Camera: Are Our Cameras Outmoded?
Designer Jean-michel Bonnemoy believes that a traditional camera’s design is dictated by the need to hold a roll of film in the back. But with the advent of digital tech there is no longer a need to maintain a form factor that is inherently contrary to smarter ergonomics. Enter the D-CAN. What are your thoughts on this new camera design? Should we shake off the shackles of design’s past? Do we even want to?
- Large range zoom stabilized USM lens.
- A ring authorizes the focus correction. The focal is lockable.
- Extension cursor for macrophotography
- The lens cap, impossible to lose, includes an electronic flash and the AF-assist illuminator
- The accessory shoe can receive, besides an electronic flash, a directional microphone or a remote control receiver.
- The cursor “function” allows to choose between fixed views or video, pictures reading, intervallometer and power off.
- Cursor “mode” (program, speed or aperture priority, manual)
- Double key ISO (100 to 6400 ISO).
- Sockets for peripheral: microphone, audio headset, power supply.
- The high-definition back screen is used for the aim, the control and the parameter setting by means of a trackball.
- The system of aim offers two configurations:
- At the level of eye for a precise centering including right in the sun, with precise control of the focus. The magnifier with diopter adjustment gives an image enlarged of the screen.
- Directly on the directional back screen having raised the magnifier.
- The back block of aim revolves to give access to the memory card, USB and HDMI connectors and energy compartment.
- The lithium battery can be replaced in case of necessity by a set of AA size battery.
- The release button pushed at the halfway mark locks the focus and the exposure.
- Maintained pushed it allows continuous photo mode.
- The function of thumb wheels differs according to the mode:
- Thumb wheel 1: exposure correction(P, Tv, Av) or choice of the aperture (M).
- Thumb wheel 2: program shift (P), choice of the shutter speed (Tv, M), of the aperture (Av).
-Designer: Jean-michel Bonnemoy-
Do you like what we are doing? Then show us some love. Tweet and Like your favorite articles and be sure to leave your comments below. Heck leave a comment even if you don’t like what we are doing. We can take it.
If you want to receive the best of the month’s posts in a convenient newsletter then don’t forget to subscribe now.
And don’t be shy. I could use some more friends these days so hit me up on Twitter and Facebook.