UPDATED WITH SAMPLE IMAGES
Though Samsung is a brand very few of us associate with either pro optics or cameras, they really want us to take them more seriously. I've used their mirrorless cameras on occasion and have been generally happy with the experience. To try and sway us further into their camp, Samsung has just unveiled a new addition to their lens lineup: the thinnest fisheye on the market in the 10mm f/3.5 wide angle lens.
Available in either white or black, the 10mm fisheye is compatible with all of Samsung's NX mount cameras. It also comes loaded with Samsung's iScene system which is a kind of auto-setting that assists photographers. The 10mm fisheye iScene options including Beauty Shot, Portrait, Night, Backlight, Children and Sports, which Samsung hopes will help make the lens more adaptable to the needs of a wide range of situations. The 10mm F3.5 Fisheye is also fitted with a Circular Aperture Diaphragm to bring the subject of your images front and center.
- Focal Length: 10mm (equivalent to 15.4mm in 35mm format)
- Elements in Groups: 7 elements in 5 groups (1 Aspherical lens)
- Angle of View: 180°
- Aperture: F3.5 (Min. F22)
- Number of Blades: 7, Circular Aperture Diaphragm
- OIS: No
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.09m
- Maximum Magnification: Approx. 0.22X
- iScene: Night, Portrait, Beauty shot, Children, Backlight, Sports
- Lens Hood: No
- Filter Size: No
- Mount Type: Samsung NX Mount
- Dimension (DxL): Φ58.8mm x 26.3mm
- Weight: 2.5 ounces (without mount cap & lens cap)
Keep it up Samsung. I get more convinced of your camera options every day.
UPDATED: Want to see some samples? Check em out.