At the end of this month, Photoshelter will be hosting a very exciting webinar: Mastering Lightroom Organization with Peter Krogh. If you're a professional photographer and you're asking what DAM means and who Peter Krogh is, it's time to educate yourself. Peter Krogh is the Mr. Miyagi of Digital Asset Management (DAM). With over 30 years of experience as a photographer, writer and one the world's foremost authorities on DAM, Krogh is a Lightroom Master.
He has worked with companies that create the digital photography ecosystem, such as Adobe, Microsoft, iView, Phase One, CRU, O’Reilly Media and PhotoShelter. He served on the board of Directors of ASMP and founded and chairs the Digital Standards and Practices Committee.
To identify and protect your images in the marketplace, having a solid asset management system is essential. The DAM Book offers the best approach.
According to Photoshelter, Peter will cover topics from the book focusing on how to maximize your use of Lightroom to organize all your image files without moving them around on your hard drive. This webinar is for those looking to tame their out-of-control, unorganized, file system and truly understand Lightroom’s organization power.
In this webinar you’ll learn:
- How to approach image file storage in a simple and safe way
- The pro’s to using a DNG file for safekeeping
- What to do when you’ve outgrown your photo library
- How to organize your photos with metadata tags, apply them to entire shoots, and when custom tags are the right solution
- Finding images quickly using filters
- How to use Lightroom Projects to create photobooks, slideshows, web galleries, videos and more
- About the publishing service within Lightroom
- Peter will also be giving away free copies of The DAM Book to 10 lucky attendees. Join us Friday, Feb. 21st, 4pm ET for this info-packed hour!