Nikon announced their 100th Anniversary commemorative cameras, lenses, and special collectors items today. Founded in 1917, Nikon Corporation's 100th Anniversary is coming up on July 25th of this year. According to Nikon's press release, "Authorized Nikon retailers will be accepting orders for these commemorative products and special collection items starting today, June 15 through August 31, 2017."
Nikon's 100th Anniversary Commemorative Items Include:
- Nikon D500 100th Anniversary Edition - $2,799.95
- Triple lens kit which features the AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR and AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR lenses - $7,999.95
- Nikon 100th Anniversary Crystal Creation Nikon Model 1 - $1,499.95
- Nikon 100th Anniversary Pin Collection - $269.95
- Nikon 100th Anniversary Miniature Nikon F Camera - $139.95
- Nikon 100th Anniversary Premium Camera Strap in Black or Brown - $99.95
- NIKKOR Binocular 100th Anniversary Editions
According to B&H, the Nikon D5 and D500 feature:
- Metallic Gray Finish, Commemorative Logo
- Anniversary Body Cap and Leather Strap
- Custom Metal Travel Case
There is a slight premium for the anniversary editions, and one has to wonder if they will stay in the collectors market in the years to come.