The Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S is the company's newest premium mirrorless lens, and it brings with it a variety of great features paired with excellent image quality. This awesome video review takes a look at what you can expect from it.
- Three aspherical elements for reduced spherical aberrations and distortion and increased sharpness
- Two extra-low dispersion elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Super Integrated Coating for accurate colors
- Two separate autofocus drive units for faster and more accurate focusing
- Full-time manual focus override
- Customizable Control Ring that can control manual focus, aperture, or exposure compensation
- OLED information display that shows aperture, focus distance, and depth of field
- Customizable L.Fn button
- Electromagnetic aperture for better exposure stability, particularly at high shooting rates
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Dust- and moisture-resistant construction
Altogether, the 50mm f/1.2 looks like a great premium option for Nikon mirrorless shooters. Check out the video above for Irwin's full thoughts on the lens.