The Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM lens is the mirrorless version of the highly popular EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens, and along with an extra 100mm of reach, it brings with it many other improvements as well. With such a versatile focal length range, it is sure to be useful to a lot of photographers, and this great video review will show you what you can expect from it in practice.
- Six ultra-low dispersion elements and one super ultra-low dispersion element for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Customizable Control Ring
- Dual Nano USM focusing system with full-time manual override (when one-shot AF mode is used)
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to five stops of compensation and three separate modes
- Fluorine coating on both front and rear elements
- Adjustable torque on zoom ring
- Slide window in lens hood for adjusting rotating filters
- Weather- and dust-resistance
Altogether, the 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L looks to be a highly versatile lens that offers impressively sharp results. Check out the video above for the full rundown.