I'm honestly really surprised how long it took to get rumors for this camera. Usually some site has a well-placed source that lets all of us gear heads in on the secret well before launch. With the Canon EOS M (their mirrorless), we didn't get much of anything till a few days ago, and Canon Rumors just posted specs today.
Beyond the camera, the system will launch with 2 lenses, the EF-M 22 f/2 STM and the EF-M 18-55 IS. It will also launch with a new flash, the EX 90.
- 18mp APS-C
- DIGIC V
- ISO 100-12800 (25,600 Expansion)
- 3 inch Touchscreen 1.04million pixels
- Phase and Contrast AF
- Video Servo AF
- 1920×1080 Video 30p/25p/24p
- 1280×720 Video 60p/50p
- MPEG-4, AVC/H.264
- SD Card
- Adaptor at launch for EF lenses
Additional specs from DCI
- Hand-held Twilight mode, to help with long exposures in low light.
- Multi-shot noise reduction function that helps reduce the noise by combining four images.
- The usual creative filters
- HDR mode to synthesize three different exposures
- Camera size: 66.5mm (width) 108.6mm (height) x 32.3mm (depth)
- The weight (body only) 262g, (including battery and memory card) 298g
This camera is tiny! I can't wait to test it out myself, but I can tell you I wish I had this camera yesterday while out wine tasting. I didn't want to lug my DSLR around (like so many others I saw), and I'm also not too fond of just shooting with my phone. Most of my camera bags aren’t too large, like my Lowepro Fastpack 250, but can still get rather heavy if I pack it full of the gear I need. I’m excited that I can use my smallest bag, the Messenger 100, and still have a ton of room to spare in it for all the lenses, flashes, memory cards, and Cliff bars I would need for a day trip. So yes, to say I am excited about this camera is an understatement.
So let's make a wager... how many of the specs above do you think will actually come to pass when the camera officially is announced tomorrow? Canon Rumors is usually pretty right...