Mark Heavisides's picture

Blackrock Cottage, Glen Coe, Scotland

Photographer: Mark Lee Heavisides (MLH Photography)

Image taken using a Canon EOS 5D MKIII 17-40L
Manfrotto Tripod
LEE Filters
Blackrock Cottage was first used by The Ladies' Scottish Climbing Club which was founded by Jane Inglis Clark, her daughter Mabel, and Lucy Smith at a boulder near Lix Toll, Perthshire in 1908.
It now has about 120 members and is the oldest active climbing club exclusively for women.

Sitting proudly in front of the Buachaille Etive Mòr mountain in Glen Coe Black Rock Cottage will remain a firm favourite with photographers and hikers who pass on the west Highland way.

Copyright © 2017 by MLH Photography All rights reserved.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.
For permission requests, please email.

Please feel free to follow and like






Log in or register to post comments