Portfolio View All
- Nikon D4
- Nikon D750
- Nikon F6
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII
- Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art
- Sigma 180mm f/2.8 APO Macro
- Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8
- Nikon 85mm f/1.8G
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8G
- Nikon 35mm f/2
- Nikon SB-900
- Fuji GX617
- Fuji 90mm f/5.6 for GX617
- Hasselblad 203FE
- Hasselblad CFE 120mm f/4 Macro
- Hasselblad CFE 40mm f/4
- Hasselblad CFE 80mm f/2.8
- Hasselblad FE 300mm f/4
- Hasselblad XPAN II
- Alpenhause 4x5 110B
- Pentax 67
- Profoto AcuteB2 AirS LiFe
- 15" Retina MacBook Pro (life-saver!)
- Kodak Portra + Ektar
- Fuji Reala (what's left of it)
- Long live Reala...RIP, my friend :-(
Recent Articles from Adam Ottke
- Lenses Are About to Get Smaller and Better Thanks to Harvard's New Flat Optics
- Nikon D7200 Quadruples Low-Light Capabilities with Native ISO 25,600
- Arri Announces the Alexa Mini - 4K, Lightweight, Compact, Probably Not Affordable
- Review: The Meike MK-DR750 Battery Grip for the D750 Is Fantastic, and It's Not Even Because of the Grip
- Navid Baraty’s Success in Progress: From Electrical Engineering to Photographing for the World’s Largest Company
Hey, there! Between photography, fine art, travel/documentary work, creative provocative apps (more on that at a later date), serving as art director for a small creative agency I started (Curate the World) and writing for Fstoppers.com, I'm doing a lot of crazy things.
I like helping people, researching new gear, and having great conversations while tapping into my German heritage by enjoying my wurst and Weissbier.
I'm in a different city of California depending on the day of the week, but email or Facebook message me if you want to meet somewhere in this state or talk on the phone. As I said, I love to help -- when I have the time.
Have an idea for a post? A quick question about photo gear? About life? Go for it! And then go shoot something (with your camera)!
I prefer a call to an email, an email to a text, and a text to a tweet...I don't really use Twitter (gasp!)
Favorite quote (funny): "When I was young, every day I prayed to God for a bicycle. Until one day, I realized God doesn't work that way. So I stole one and prayed for forgiveness instead."
Favorite quote (cheesy, but seriously true): "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."