Portfolio View All
Recent Articles from Adam Ottke
- Inklet App for Mac Turns Apple's New Force Touch Trackpads Into Your Next Portable Pen Tablet
- Vincent Laforet's Latest High-Altitude Helicopter Shots Overlook the Twinkle of San Francisco
- Why I'm Not at All Concerned About Google VP Vint Cerf's Warned Bit Rot
- Why It's Important (and How) to Invest in Yourself by Finding Mentors That Are Worth It
- Lenses Are About to Get Smaller and Better Thanks to Harvard's New Flat Optics
Hey, there! Between photography, fine art, travel/documentary work, creative provocative apps (more on that at a later date), serving as art director for a small creative agency I started (Curate the World) and writing for Fstoppers.com, I'm doing a lot of crazy things.
I like helping people, researching new gear, and having great conversations while tapping into my German heritage by enjoying my wurst and Weissbier.
I'm in a different city of California depending on the day of the week, but email or Facebook message me if you want to meet somewhere in this state or talk on the phone. As I said, I love to help -- when I have the time.
Have an idea for a post? A quick question about photo gear? About life? Go for it! And then go shoot something (with your camera)!
I prefer a call to an email, an email to a text, and a text to a tweet...I don't really use Twitter (gasp!)
Favorite quote (funny): "When I was young, every day I prayed to God for a bicycle. Until one day, I realized God doesn't work that way. So I stole one and prayed for forgiveness instead."
Favorite quote (cheesy, but seriously true): "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough."