Samyang has long been known for producing sharp and highly affordable manual focus lenses, but in recent years, they have moved into producing autofocus lenses as well, while still keeping those budget prices that have endeared them to many photographers. At $299, the AF 45mm f/1.8 FE offers a lot of lens for not a lot of money, and this excellent video review takes a long-term look at the performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Dustin Abbott, this fantastic video review takes a look at the Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8 FE lens. Despite its affordable price, the AF 45mm f/1.8 FE still comes with a variety of advanced features, including:
- One extra-low dispersion element for less chromatic aberrations and improved clarity
- Two aspherical elements for reduced distortion and better sharpness
- Ultra Multi-Coating for less flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- Linear STM autofocus motor for fast and quiet focusing with manual focus override
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Small footprint and lightweight design
Altogether, the AF 45mm f/1.8 FE looks like a fantastic performer for the price, especially with its versatile focal length and maximum aperture. Check out the video above for Abbott's full thoughts on the lens.