A 50mm lens with a wide aperture is one of the most versatile a photographer can carry, able to handle everything from portraits to low-light events coverage. For photographers looking for some of the best quality they can get from a 50mm lens, there is the Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM, and this great video review takes a look at the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Stefan Malloch, this great video review takes a look at the Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM lens. As part of the company's respected G Master line of lenses, the 50mm f/1.2 comes with a range of advanced features, including:
- Three XA (extreme aspherical) elements for reduced distortion and spherical aberrations and increased sharpness
- Nano AR Coating II for reduced flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- Four XD Linear motors for fast and quiet autofocus suitable for both photos and video
- Linear Response manual focus
- Customizable Focus Hold button
- De-clickable aperture ring for video work
- Dust- and moisture-sealing
- Fluorine front element coating for resistance to fingerprints, moisture, and dust
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the 50mm f/1.2 GM looks quite impressive. Check out the video above for Malloch's full thoughts on the lens.