Museo delle Culture of Lugano and 29 ARTS IN PROGRESS gallery of Milan are supporting the third edition of the open call UNPUBLISHED PHOTO 2021 – UP21. The open contest is designed to showcase young talents (under 36) in contemporary photography.
The 2021 edition of UNPUBLISHED PHOTO is open for submissions and runs until 28 June 2021. Applicants are required to submit thematic portfolios consisting of 10 images.
In addition to a first prize of CHF 5000, Museo dell aculture of Lugano (MUSEC) will host a special exhibit for finalists work from September 23, 2021 until February 27, 2022 at the Spazio Maraini at Villa Malpensata in Lugano, Switerland. All of the exhibited work will be added to MUSEC's collections to build an archive of contemporary photography.Moreover, De Pietri Artphilein Foundation, a nonprofit that supports contemporary culture and young artists, will publish a limited edition artist book highlighting one of the finalists. These are people who are genuinely dedicated to helping young photographers broaden their art world horizons.
The selection committee is made up of contemporary art luminaries, such as:
- Hans Georg Berger – pPhotographer and writer
- Eugenio Calini – Co-owner of 29 ARTS IN PROGRESS gallery
- Francesco Paolo Campione – Director of MUSEC – Museum of Cultures in Lugano
- Lorenza Castelli – Director of MIA Photo Fair, Milano
- Caterina De Pietri – Director of De Pietri Artphilein Foundation
- Flor Garduno – Photographer
- Paolo Gerini – President of Ada Ceschin and Rosanna Pilone Foundation
- Giovanna Palandri – Chancellor of the Veneto Institute of Science, Letters, and Arts
- Giovanni Pelloso – Journalist, curator, and photography critic
If you enter competitions, this one doesn't charge a fee and offers very serious access to the contemporary photography world.