You read that right. Canon has announced the RF 24-105mm f/2.8 L IS USM Z lens, the world's first full frame lens offering that range of focal lengths in tandem with an f/2.8 aperture. With some incredible capabilities sure to capture the attention of events, portrait, wedding photographers and more, this looks like quite the exciting lens.
RF 24-105mm f/2.8 L IS USM Z
Sure to intrigue a wide variety of photographers and filmmakers, the new RF 24-105mm f/2.8 L IS USM Z comes with a range of features including:
- Constant length while zooming
- Manual aperture ring for video work
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 1.48 ft (0.45 m)
- Maximum Magnification: .08x at 24mm, .29x at 105mm
- 23 elements in 18 groups
- 4 UD elements, 3 aspherical elements
- Super Spectra Coating, Air Sphere Coating, and Flourine coating
- 11 aperture blades
- 5.5 stops of image stabilization (up to 8 stops in tandem with in-body stabilization)
- Two Nano USM focus motors
- Full-time manual focusing available
The RF 24-105mm f/2.8 L IS USM Z is expected in December at a price of $2,999.