The Canon EOS R5 has been making lots of waves for its video features, but beyond those, it is also a highly capable stills camera. If you are interested in the R5 for your photography work, check out this great video review for a look at the kind of performance you can expect.
Coming to you from Samuel Elkins, this helpful video review takes a look at the Canon EOS R5 for stills photography work. Most of the hype around the EOS R5 has centered around the camera's 8K raw video feature, but it also contains some highly impressive specs for stills shooters as well, including:
- 45-megapixel sensor
- 12 fps continuous shooting when using the mechanical shutter (20 fps when using the electronic shutter)
- Canon's most powerful autofocus system ever (which uses Deep Learning technology for improved tracking performance and offers 1,053 AF points with full frame coverage)
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization with up to eight stops of compensation
- 5.76m-dot electronic viewfinder with 120 fps refresh rate
- Vari-angle rear LCD touchscreen
- ISO range of 100-51,200 (expandable to 102,400)
- 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and GPS
Altogether, the EOS R5 looks like quite a capable camera for pretty much any photographer; check out the video above for Elkins' full thoughts.