For many genres, an ultra-wide angle zoom lens can be quite useful, and while an f/2.8 aperture can be quite helpful, the extra expense and bulk is not always necessary for people like landscape or architectural photographers. For Sony shooters, there is also the FE 12-24mm f/4 G lens, and this fantastic video review takes a look at the kind of performance you can expect from it in practice.
- Four aspherical elements for reduced spherical aberrations and distortion and increased sharpness
- One Super ED and three ED elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and improved clarity
- Nano AR coating for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor autofocus system system with quick and quiet performance
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design
For Sony shooters who enjoy having access to extremely wide focal lengths but who do not necessarily need the extra stop of the f2.8 version, the 12-24mm f/4 looks like a great option. Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts.