The 24-70mm f/2.8 lens is the workhorse of choice for a wide variety of photographers and videographers across a lot of genres. Fuji's version comes with a lot of the company's top technology, and this excellent review takes a look at what you can expect from it in practice.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and improved clarity
- Three aspherical elements for reduced distortion and spherical aberrations and improved sharpness
- Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating for reduced lens flares and ghosting
- HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) coating for further reduction for flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Twin Linear Motor autofocus system with low noise for video work
- Dust and moisture-sealing
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR looks to be a very useful, high-quality lens that is sure to be a popular choice for a wide range photographers and videographers shooting Fujifilm cameras. Check out the video above for the full rundown.