The Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is anything but cheap, but it is also one of the most impressive lens designs out there. So, what does all that money get you? This great video review takes a look at what the 58mm f/0.95 can offer you.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this excellent video review takes a look at the crazy Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens. At $8,000, the 58mm f/0.95 is ludicrously expensive, but with it, you get some of the most impressive optical design available today, with features including:
- Four extra-low dispersion elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Three aspherical elements (including one large-diameter ground aspherical element) for reduced spherical aberrations and distortion and increased sharpness
- Design optimized for shooting at wide apertures
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coats for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Super Integrated Coating for more accurate colors
- Fluorine coating to reduce dust and moisture buildup
- OLED information panel
- Customizable Control Ring
- Customizable L.Fn button
- Manual focus only
- Electromagnetic aperture for great exposure stability during fast bursts
- 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Rotating tripod collar
Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts on the lens.