The original Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro lens was well known for being a versatile performer, offering 1:1 macro capabilities, sharp images, excellent image stabilization, and reliable autofocus, becoming a favorite of not just macro photographers, but portrait and wedding photographers as well. The new RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM brings some major improvements, and this excellent video review shows the image quality and performance you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Irene Rudnyk, this great video review takes a look at Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens. Though the original EF version was quite impressive itself, the new RF version takes things to a new level with a variety of features, including:
- Higher maximum magnification of 1.4x
- Hybrid image stabilization providing up to 5 stops of compensation alone or up to 8 stops when used in tandem with in-body image stabilization
- Spherical Aberration Control Ring to change the appearance of foreground and background bokeh
- Customizable Control Ring
- Super Spectra coating for reduced flares and ghosting and improved contrast
- Dual Nano USM system for fast and quiet autofocus
- Dust- and moisture-sealing
Altogether, the RF 100mm f/2.8L looks like a versatile and impressive lens. Check out the video above for Rudnyk's full thoughts.