The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is the second iteration of the company's fast telephoto zoom, making it an appealing tool for a lot of professional photographers and filmmakers. It brings with it a wide range of improvements over the original, and it looks like quite the impressive lens. This fantastic video review takes a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Stefan Malloch, this great video review takes a look at the Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II lens. Despite being 30% lighter than the first iteration, the new version comes with a range of great features, including:
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and two Super ED elements for rless chromatic aberrations and better clarity
- Nano AR Coating II for less flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- Four XD linear motors for quick and accurate autofocus
- Reduced focus breathing for video work
- Optical Steady Shot image stabilization with three modes for general shooting, panning, and keeping a stable frame when shooting moving subjects
- Three customizable focus control buttons
- Focus range limiter for faster autofocus speed
- Fluorine coating for protection against fingerprints and oil
- Dust- and moisture-resistance
Check out the video above for Malloch's full thoughts on the lens.