Sony's new FE 50mm f/1.4 GM lens has arrived, and with it comes some of the company's best design features and optical performance. For many portrait and wedding photographers, a top-level, wide-aperture 50mm lens is one of the most important tools in their kit, and thus, the new lens is likely catching the attention of many. Can its performance match its impressive specs? This great video review takes a look.
Coming to you from Dustin Abbott, this excellent video review takes a look at the new Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 GM lens. As part of the company's top-shelf G Master line, the FE 50mm f/1.4 GM comes with many notable features, including:
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements for fewer aberrations and distortion and increased sharpness
- One ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Nano AR Coating II for fewer flares and reduced ghosting and improved contrast
- Circular 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Two XD Linear Motors for quick and quiet autofocus
- De-clickable aperture ring for video work
- Two focus hold buttons with customizable functions
- Linear Response manual focus ring
- Dust- and moisture-resistant barrel
Check out the video above for Abbott's full thoughts on the new lens.