Viltrox has established themselves as a company producing highly affordable but impressively capable lenses, and their newest option, the AF 13mm f/1.4, offers Sony and Nikon mirrorless APS-C photographers and filmmakers a versatile ultra-wide angle focal length paired with a very wide maximum aperture. This excellent video review takes a look at the new lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this great video review takes a look at the affordable but capable new Viltrox AF 13mm f/1.4 lens. Despite its budget price, the 13mm f/1.4 stills comes with a range of great features, including:
- Two high refractive index lens elements for reduced distortion and aberrations
- Four ED low dispersion elements for reduced chromatic aberration and improved color reproduction
- Two aspherical elements for reduced distortion and improved sharpness
- STM motor for quiet autofocus suitable for photos and video
- Weight: 420 g (E mount), 455 g (Z mount)
- Dust-proof construction
Altogether, the 13mm f/1.4 looks like a sharp and impressively capable lens. Look for it to be available soon at a price of $429. Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts on the lens.