Zeiss lenses are loved for their uncompromising image quality, with sharp rendering, deep and contrasty colors, and beautiful bokeh. The Batis 40mm f/2 CF offers the respected Batis design in tandem with a wide aperture and unique focal length. This excellent video review takes a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this great video review takes a look at the Zeiss Batis 40mm f/2 CF lens for Sony E mount cameras. The 40mm f/2 comes with a range of advanced features including:
- Close focusing (CF) with a minimum working distance of 5.5 inches for a maximum magnification of 1:3.3
- Distagon optical concept for improved sharpness and reduced field curvature
- Two aspherical elements, three anomalous partial dispersion glass elements, and one aspherical element for reduced aberrations and increased clarity and sharpness
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coating for reduced flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- Floating elements for consistent image quality
- Integrated OLED display for showing focus distance and depth of field
- Linear motors for for fast and quiet autofocus
- Dust- and weather-sealing for working in inclement conditions
Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts on the lens.