Now in its fifth generation, the Sony a7R series has earned a reputation for offering a wide range of impressive features paired with the highest-resolution sensor available in a full frame camera, making it the workhorse of choice for a lot of photographers and filmmakers. Is it the best hybrid camera on the market right now? This excellent video review takes a look.
Coming to you from Matt WhoisMatt Johnson, this great video review takes a look at the Sony a7R V mirrorless camera for photo and video work. Though it uses the same 61-megapixel sensor as the a7R IV, the a7R V still comes with a range of upgrades and new features, including:
- Faster autofocus system with improved accuracy and subject recognition
- New and improved menu system
- More capable image stabilization
- Better viewfinder
- Pixel Shift mode for ultra-high-resolution images with built-in motion compensation
- Reduced resolution raw size options for shooting 26- and 15-megapixel files downsampled from 61 megapixels, saving storage and post-processing demands and improving noise
Altogether, the a7R V looks like it has a lot of the sort of subtle improvements that professionals will appreciate. Check out the video above for Johnson's full thoughts on the camera.