There’s no denying the uprising of drone use in both photography and videography over recent years. Now, one company has created a pocket-sized device that coincides perfectly with usage on your smartphone: AirSelfie. Backed by a $3 million investment, the miniature drone will launch in March 2017.
The company behind the London-based, Italian-designed equipment launched a Kickstarter campaign last week with the intention of raising $50,000. AirSelfie is the only ultra-portable flying camera that integrates with smartphones, bringing with it a vibration-absorber and in-flight stability systems in order to guarantee clear images.
- Powered by four propellers (all of which are caged in safety guards)
- Small enough to fit inside an accompanying phone case
- 5 megapixel camera that also records video
- Has a range of 20m/66ft
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
- Controlled by an app, downloadable for both iOS and Android
- Three minutes flying power per charge
- A maximum of eight consecutive photos can be taken at one time, saving to a 4GB microSD card
- Retailing at $249
- Initial shipments in March 2017
Have a look at AirSelfie in action in the video below and let us know what you make of it. Is it the next gadget everyone will be fighting to have, or is it a gimmick merely cashing in on the current drone craze?
[via DP Review]