Being a great photographer doesn't guarantee success in the photography industry. On one hand, some of the best photographers struggle to keep up a sustainable business, and on the other, some average (and even below average) photographers do well for themselves.
Why? The financially successful photographers have figured out the business side of photography, mainly the branding, pricing, networking, marketing, and sales.
Our friend, Pye Jirsa at SLR Lounge, has released his latest course, called the "Complete Photography Business Training System." Pye, being a former CPA and business school student, has combined his business and photography knowledge to build a multi-million dollar studio in California. This course is the operating manual that they use for their internal team, so the knowledge is based on real-world success.
The Complete Training System comes with 4 courses, 30+ hours of education, templates and workbooks:
- The Photography Business Plan | Photography Business 101
- Photography Pricing And Product Design | Photography Business 201
- Marketing And SEO For Photographers | Photography Business 301
- How To Book Photography Clients | Photography Business 401
How to Purchase
Purchase the complete system in the SLR Lounge store here.
What Does It Teach?
Here are a few of the main concepts taught in the workshop:
Creating a Business Plan
- Create a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis
- Write a full business plan with guidance from the included template
- Create a client persona (understand your target market)
- Protect your business with contracts and releases
Understanding Pricing for Maximum Profit
- Use a pricing calculator to understand your pricing and margins
- Understand your demand, costs, and pricing psychology
- Design and price your product packages for maximum revenue
- Craft the perfect product (i.e. perfect your entire client experience)
Marketing and SEO Mastery
- Learn to create website content that drives search traffic
- Rank in local (maps) search results
- Learn easy ways to build links in the photo industry
- Gain leads from Fnstagram and Facebook
- Drive exposure and leads from Pinterest
Understand Sales Psychology and Closing
- Build trust from the initial phone call
- Learn universal sales techniques to help you close the sale
- Practice sales calls and meetings
- Learn Pye's system of understanding the client's needs (the W.A.V.E.)
Templates, Workbooks, and More
In addition, this workshop comes with templates, bonus PDFs, and workbooks to help you apply each of the concepts directly to your business. After all, concepts and theories are useless without an actionable plan.
Purchase the workshop here and get started.