Canon shooters using the EOS R5, R6, and/or 1D X Mark III, will have reason to smile soon, as an upcoming firmware update will bring some notable improvements and new features that will make their lives easier.
The update came from Canon UK, who announced the upcoming versions of firmware of the EOS R5 (version 1.50), EOS R6 (version 1.50), and 1D X Mark III (version 1.60), which will bring a range of new features and improvements based on feedback from early EOS R3 users.
Canon EOS R5 and R6
- Enhanced subject recognition
- Addition of vehicle tracking for cars and bikes
- Improved people autofocus tracking, with better eye and face detection when subjects are wearing a mask
- Addition of body detection
- Ability to set a custom white balance in Live View
- EOS R5 support for EOS VR system and RF 5.2mm f/2.8L dual fisheye lens
Canon 1D X Mark III
- Improved head detection for subjects wearing goggles or helmets for shooting winter sports
- Ability to use one button for simultaneous voice memo and image rating application
- Ability to disable the Multi-Controller for FTP transfer
The new firmware versions will be available to download on December 2nd.