As creators of my favorite shoulder bag for cameras, I had high hopes for HEX’s big, beautiful Cinema backpack.
In this review video from my YouTube channel, I take a look at the HEX Cinema Backpack. This water-resistant bag has the space to fit larger equipment such as Canon 1D-series cameras and a mountain of lenses. I was happy to find that it was even able to swallow a 1D X with 500mm f/4 and 1.4x all attached. Other than more dedicated “lens bags,” there sadly aren’t many backpacks out there that can do that combination. But as it turned out, fitting the gear only got me so far.
What I Liked
- Spacious main compartment
- Top, side, and rear access to the main compartment
- Lots of different pockets and sleeves for better organization
What Could Be Improved
- Not very rigid, and doesn’t hold its shape if pressure was on it
- For the amount of gear that can be packed, it’s not comfortable to wear while weighted down
- Build materials or construction could be improved; I immediately ripped the stitching off one of the two main removable storage dividers trying to move it (as a defect in materials and workmanship it should be covered under warranty).
- Can only attach tripods to the bottom of the backpack
The HEX Cinema Backpack costs $239.95 and is available now.