Zeiss lenses hold a bit of a legendary status when it comes to portraiture, with the Batis 85mm f/1.8 being particularly well known. Still, it is on the expensive side for an 85mm f/1.8 lens. Does it justify its premium price tag? This great video review takes a look at the lens and what you can expect from it in real-world usage.
- Sonnar optical concept for increased sharpness and contrast and reduced flares
- Three anomalous partial dispersion elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- T* anti-reflective coating for reduced reflections and increased contrast
- Optical image stabilization
- Floating elements system for consistent image quality across entire focusing range
- OLED display with focus distance and depth of field display
- Linear motor for fast and quiet autofocus
- Dust- and weather-sealing
The Batis 85mm f/1.8 is definitely on the more expensive side of things compared to most such lenses, but for those looking for that contrasty, sharp look Zeiss lenses offer, it looks like an intriguing option. Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts on the lens.