Are you looking to upgrade your body or grab a new lens? Canon USA just announced a new promotion that offers a pretty stellar extended warranty with the purchase of qualifying gear from an authorized dealer through January 9.
Starting today, Canon USA is offering a free CarePAK PLUS warranty with the purchase of select gear. The list is quite comprehensive, covering all current generation high-level bodies and many of their most popular lenses. Most notable is that the warranty covers accidental damage! Here are all the benefits:
- 13 months of coverage, including accidental damage, drops, spills, or wear and tear.
- Free shipping to and from the Canon USA repair facility.
- No lemon guarantee: if an item receives the same repair three times, Canon will replace it free of charge.
I don't think I can remember the last time I saw the standard warranty that came with camera gear covering accidental damage; that luxury normally requires the purchase of insurance and the payment of a deductible for a claim. Thirteen months of essentially comprehensive coverage is a pretty great deal.
Here are the bodies covered by the promotion (as always, our friends at B&H have included some extra goodies in many of these):
- EOS-1D X
- EOS 5DS
- EOS 5DS R
- EOS 5D Mark III
- EOS 5D Mark III with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS Kit
- EOS 6D
- EOS 6D with EF 24-105mm f/4L IS Kit (You also get a Pixma PRO-100 Printer and $350 rebate with this. This is an incredible deal on my favorite Canon camera and walk-around lens.)
- EOS 7D Mark II
Here are the lenses included in the promotion:
- EF 17-40mm f/4L USM
- EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
- EF 50mm f/1.2L USM
- EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM
- EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
- EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
Are you thinking of doing some early holiday shopping or upgrading your kit? Now is a great time to do it!