A nifty fifty lens is one of the most versatile and useful lenses many photographers can have, and given their generally affordable prices, they make a fantastic first upgrade from a kit lens for newer photographers or a backup lens for pros with more established kits. This excellent video review takes a look at Nikon's version of the lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G.
- One aspherical element for reduced spherical aberrations and distortion and increased sharpness and clarity
- Super Integrated Coating for reduced flares and ghosting
- Silent Wave Motor for quiet and quiet autofocus suitable for both photo and video work
- Full-time manual focus override
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
But beyond those features, the most notable aspect of the 50mm f/1.8G is its price, which is currently under $200. Of course, it will not necessarily compete with higher-priced options, but at less than $200, it certainly delivers respectable results that will make it a fantastic learning tool for budding photographers. Check out the video above for the full review from Frost.