A wide-aperture 35mm lens is one of the most useful lenses a photographer can have in their bag, as it is versatile enough to tackle a wide variety of scenarios. Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM takes that even further by adding macro capabilities, all in a very compact and affordable package. This excellent video review takes a look at how it holds up in practice.
Coming to you from John Gress, this great video review takes a look at the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM lens. The 35mm f/1.8 is quite affordable at $499 and very portable at 10.76 oz (305 g) and comes with a variety of useful features, including:
- Super Spectra coating for reduced ghosting and flares and increased contrast
- Optical Image Stabilizer with up to five stops of compensation
- 1:2 maximum magnification with a minimum focusing distance of 6.7 inches
- STM stepping motor for fast and quiet autofocus suitable for both stills and video work
- Customizable Control Ring
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the RF 35mm f/1.8 IS Macro STM looks like an affordable, versatile, and high-quality lens that can tackle quite a range of subject matter. Check out the video above for Gress' full thoughts.