Sigma's Art series is well known for offering high optical quality at affordable prices, and a 50mm lens is one of the most popular for a lot of photographers. If you are looking for a 50mm lens, this great video review takes a look at the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens for Sony E cameras.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost Photography, this excellent video review takes a look at the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art lens for Sony E cameras. The 50mm f/1.4 Art has lots of features typical of the Art series, including:
- Three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) for reduced color fringing and chromatic aberrations and improved clarity,
- One aspherical element for reduced distortion and increased sharpness
- Super Multi-Layer Coating for reduced flares and ghosting and improved contrast, particularly in backlit environments
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) for quiet autofocus along with full-time manual override
- Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) construction
- Brass bayonet mount with rubber sealing
- Dust and splash resistance
Altogether, for photographers looking for a 50mm lens with high levels of performance, the Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art looks like a great option. Check out the video above for Frost's full thoughts.