The all-in-one photo editor from ON1 has learned some new tricks. This free update includes performance and organizational improvements as well as new tools such as LUTs for color grading.
Here’s a quick overview of what’s new and improved in Photo RAW 2018.5. For the full list of all updates, check the ON1 website.
- Camera profiles - A classic option inside many photo editors, camera profiles are now available to choose from in Photo RAW 2018.5. These are the same profiles that one finds on their specific camera for JPEG shooting, such as “Natural” or “Portrait.”
- LUTs - Look-up tables are becoming increasingly common in photo editing, and ON1 has joined the trend by offering them in the Effects module. LUT file formats .3DL and .CUBE can be imported into the application.
- Transform tool - The updated transform tool inside Develop includes more features to correct perspective and rotation, and has a new grid overlay for easier use.
- Nested albums - We now have the ability to nest albums inside other albums, much like how nested folders have worked. Migrating catalogs from Lightroom will keep your nested albums intact.
- Other improvements - Improved brush performance, faster filmstrip in Develop and Effects modules, raw+JPEG duplicates will automatically hide the JPEG version but mirror all changes made to the raw, preset management for better organization, background export, and stability enhancements.
In addition, the new update will offer more camera and lens profiles for raw conversion. This update includes newer releases such as the Fujifilm X-H1, Sony a7 III, and Panasonic GH5S cameras, plus many more.
ON1 Photo RAW 2018 is available as a one-time purchase with no subscription fees, and for a limited time new customers can get it for $79.99. To learn more about the newly released Photo RAW 2018.5, visit the ON1 website.