It’s not often that a product comes by that revolutionizes the way we work and pushes humanity forward. Well anyways, let’s talk about this Capture One Pro webcam cover.
First off, you’re jealous, right? You’re so jealous. Look at this thing. A small piece of black tape is so 2017. Now whenever I’m on my laptop, regardless of what I’m working on, that beautiful Capture One Pro logo is there to comfort me and let me know Hackerman ain’t gettin’ his creeper shots of me to sell on the Dark Web.
Now let’s talk availability. You aren’t going to own one of these. It’s VIP members only. Actually, I stole one of these off an unattended Capture One Pro booth at the Kando 2.0 workshop last week. But that’s not important. I’m special and you’re still so jealous. Look at your face.
After a week of rigorous use, here’s the world-exclusive review of the Capture One Pro webcam cover.
What I Liked
- Lightweight, weather-resistant plastic. I actually tried to weigh it with my digital kitchen scale but it didn’t register. Or, it’s literally weightless.
- Unapologetically thin. Incredible. It doesn’t interfere with the magnetic closure of the laptop.
- Reusable. It took me a couple tries before I got it straight and centered, but it stuck back on every time.
- Conversation starter. OK, that’s usually because I start it off with “Hey, look at this thing!”
- Exclusive. I tried finding these online and came up empty-handed. Looks like you common folk are stuck with the boring blank ones or the granddaddy version.
What I Didn’t Like
- Covers up the green activity light on my MacBook Pro when the webcam window cover is in its closed position.
- Cover piece falls off easily when sliding the window open.
- Uses an adhesive to attach, which I’ll probably regret later.
In the end, yeah I’ll probably keep using it until the joke isn’t funny to me anymore. But most importantly, you’re jealous.